Without volunteers, it would be impossible to have a successful ministry at summer camp. We would love for you to be a part of our team!
There is a $50 counselor fee for our summer volunteers. Some scholarships will be available for those who need aid.
Steps to Becoming a Bridgeport Summer Camp Volunteer:
- Fill out the Volunteer Application.
- Wait to be contacted by one of your camp directors. (If you have not been contacted by a camp director within 2 weeks, please email email@example.com).
- Once approved by the camp director, the camp will need the following:
- A copy of a completed Background Check that has been completed within one year of the last day of the camp for which you are volunteering.
- A copy of your Ministry Safe Certificate valid within the last two years, not expiring before the last day of the camp for which you are volunteering.
As these are completed, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the description below to see if you would be interested in applying as a volunteer:
Two Main Areas of Responsibility:
1. Hospitality and Guide
- Help in welcoming and getting campers settled and oriented.
- Share cabin responsibilities with other volunteers or staff.
- Help in keeping campers on schedule.
- Encourage campers to keep cabins clean during the week.
2. Group Activity Leadership
- Share small group leadership with other volunteers or staff.
- Be prepared for each day’s sessions.
- Help in the implementation of the evening activities (games, talent show, etc.).
- Help in other areas as needed (afternoon activities, worship. etc.).
- To be a Senior Counselor, must be at least 18 years old and a minimum of 4 years older than the oldest camper. All Senior Counselors come to camp at no charge to them and costs are covered by the North Texas Conference.
- To be a Junior Counselor for Children’s Camps, must be at least 16 years old. Junior Counselors must register as campers and pay the weekly camp fee. To register as a JC, please fill out the application as normal and Bridgeport Camp will contact you about getting registered with an override due to age restrictions for the children's camps.
- Mature in your behavior and Christian commitment.
- Able to dedicate a week of your time to children/youth.
- Able to supply a reliable reference.
- Pass a criminal background check.