Without volunteers, it would be impossible to have a successful ministry at summer camp. We would love for you to be a part of our team!
Beginning in 2021, we will be asking for a $50 counselor fee for our summer volunteers. Some scholarships will be available for those who need aid.
Steps to Becoming a Bridgeport Summer Camp Volunteer:
- Fill out the Volunteer Application.
- Wait to be contacted by one of your camp directors. (If you have not been contacted by a camp director within 2 weeks, please email email@example.com).
- Once approved by the camp director, the camp will need the following:
- A copy of a completed Background Check that has been completed within one year of the last day of the camp for which you are volunteering.
- A copy of your Ministry Safe Certificate valid within the last two years, not expiring before the last day of the camp for which you are volunteering.
- A completed 2021 Adult Medical Release Form.
As these are completed, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the description below to see if you would be interested in applying as a volunteer:
Two Main Areas of Responsibility:
1. Hospitality and Guide
- Help in welcoming and getting campers settled and oriented.
- Share cabin responsibilities with other volunteers or staff.
- Help in keeping campers on schedule.
- Encourage campers to keep cabins clean during the week.
2. Group Activity Leadership
- Share small group leadership with other volunteers or staff.
- Be prepared for each day’s sessions.
- Help in the implementation of the evening activities (games, talent show, etc.).
- Help in other areas as needed (afternoon activities, worship. etc.).
- To be a Senior Counselor, must be at least 18 years old and a minimum of 4 years older than the oldest camper. All Senior Counselors come to camp at no charge to them and costs are covered by the North Texas Conference.
- To be a Junior Counselor for Children’s Camps, must be at least 16 years old. Junior Counselors must register as campers and pay the weekly camp fee. To register as a JC, please fill out the application as normal and Bridgeport Camp will contact you about getting registered with an override due to age restrictions for the children's camps.
- Mature in your behavior and Christian commitment.
- Able to dedicate a week of your time to children/youth.
- Able to supply a reliable reference.
- Pass a criminal background check.